Skin darkening may be due to several factors including extreme exposure to the sun, medication’s side effects, underlying medical condition, poor and unbalanced diet, hereditary issues, and even stress or depression. Some may not find it pleasant to have this skin condition, thus they are trying to find the easiest and most effective ways on how to achieve a lighter and glowing skin. There are over-the-counter products and remedies that can be used, however, it should be carefully checked as it may contain chemicals that are harmful to the skin. Instead, regular skin care practices and natural products are highly recommended in order to have that beautiful, youthful, and whiter skin.
How to Whiten Skin Naturally?
The glow and radiance of the skin can be achieved through simple yet effective ways. Before using any recommended natural home remedies, you can first regularly practice these skin care habits.
1. Limit the sun exposure
The body needs exposure to the sun to be able to produce vitamin D, which is essential in bone health and other bodily functions. However, you should not completely expose yourself for long as it may lead to several health problems, as well as dark skin.
- Always use sunblock, with high SPF, to effectively block the UV sun rays and prevent skin darkening and skin diseases.
- Use hats with wide brims to protect your face, neck, and shoulders against too much exposure from the sun.
- Wear clothes that can cover a big portion of your body, such as long-sleeved shirts and pants. During summer, choose clothes with cool and flowy fabrics for more comfort.
2. Exfoliate the skin
Exfoliation is an essential habit that will brighten your skin, especially for the face. This will help you get rid of the dead skin cell.
- Use gentle body scrubs that are commonly composed of salt or sugar. Be sure to apply gently in a circular motion to prevent damages especially in fragile areas.
- Polish the skin by using a dry brush, made from natural fibers, to remove the dead skin cells.
3. Keep the skin moisturized
How to whiten skin? Moisturizing should be given emphasis since daily usage of moisturizers can brighten the skin. These will also prevent the dryness which is the main contributor of skin darkening.
- Creamy moisturizers should be chosen due to its lack of alcohol which only increases the rate of dryness of the skin.
- Moisturizers that are made of oil work wonders to the skin by making it look glowing and young. Some of the most common oils used include coconut oil, jojoba oil, almond oil, and olive oil.
4. Know what to avoid
For answering how to whiten skin, other than the skin care measures and natural remedies, you should also know the things that should be avoided to prevent further skin irritations and damages.
- Avoid dangerous products. Never use products with harmful chemicals, such as ammonia and bleach, since they cause long-term damages including darker skin.ZataWhite is not one of them. You can check this out.
- Avoid false beauty standards. Never be pressured by the standards of other people or society. Accept who you are and embrace what you have.